KEL aims to ensure a smooth transition from childcare setting to school environment for all children. We aim to provide families with guidance and advice to ensure the transition to school a positive experience for all children and families.
Our curriculum incorporates a range of strategies to ensure the school readiness program has been implemented:
- Providing designed curriculum that encourages critical thinking, investigation and exploration, problem solving, self-expression and social interactions.
- Providing activities that are designed to enhance group learning as well as targeting each individual child’s needs and personal goals.
- Allowing children to gain a positive experience and understand different aspects of school and that school is a safe and enjoyable place through:
- Reading and writing programs, alphabets, mathematical concepts
- Reading stories about going to school
- School uniform dress ups/dramatic role play
- Learning to write and holding pencils correctly
- Using scissors and glue
- Provide scaffolding to develop self-help skills e.g. putting clothes and shoes on unassisted, going to the bathroom and washing hands, eating and drinking etc.